Friday, October 4, 2013

Presenting Feisty Pants

         So thinking aloud,  I asked FP what I should write about this time. Her answer was her typically shy response of "ME!!"  So we decided to do it interview style. It looks like a short session but this took about an hour.  Her speech is garbled and she intersperses words with signs.  So, without further ado.  May I present Feisty Pants...
  Interviewer (aka Mom): First,  is it alright if I call you Feisty Pants?
  FP: "Yep.  Well, a little bit."
  I:What would like people to know about you?
  FP:"I'm ten. I love my bike and my sister.  And you're mean for not taking me for a bike ride"
  I : "We did not go for a ride because you tried to throw yourself off the bike"
  FP: "Nuh-uh.  And soo? You're still mean"
  I:  Do you mind if people ask you questions about your wheelchair?
  FP: "No, I mind when big people don't let me get out"
  I: Ok, but what about kids asking questions?
  FP: "Its ok,  they can go for a ride with me. Pick me up. Now.. Ummy.(that's me) Now.    nownownownownow.  I wanna see."
  Interviewer: Boy, you're cranky., aren't you? (picks up Feisty
pants)
  FP:"No, I'm  good now. I can see. Where's me?"
  I: It's just words.  We can add a picture if you like.
  FP: "Yep, do it. go" (Go is an all purpose word for FP, in this case  meaning do it NOW)
  I: What do you like to do?
  FP: " I like bike rides.  <gives look>  I like music. I like Derr Who (Dr. Who). I like art. <stomps foot for emphasis.>"
   I: Is there anything else you would like to tell people about disabled kids? < Feisty Pants picks up phone>And please leave the phone alone.
   FP:" We're smarter than you think.  Where's Goo? (That's her dad) <throws phone on floor> Goo, you, now, nownownownow.
 
And with that, Feisty Pants made a grand exit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment