Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday, all day long

                  So, today was supposed to be a good day.  Feisty Pants was supposed to go back to school.  Between being sick and Christmas break, she has missed almost a month now. We seriously were counting the minutes.  Not in a "why is my kid a pain in the tush" way, but in a  "Good Lord, how much therapy is she missing" way. Her health and frankly, her future, depend on her therapies in no small way.  This was a Monday I was actually looking forward to.    So imagine my consternation when I find out ONE HOUR BEFORE HER BUS WAS SUPPOSED TO PICK HER UP, that we no longer have a nurse.   And I only found that out because someone violated policy and texted me to tell me.  And don't ask me, I won't fink.  Everyone is starting to play CYA and pretend they didn't know BUT they did.   (This is an endemic problem within the world of the disabled.  People get very wonky over the treatment of their loved ones and unfortunately every institutional response involves, in part, on clamping down on information which is absolutely INFURIATING and makes you all look like you cannot be trusted, ever.)  I know darn well they did, because when we tell the bus driver she wouldn't be going to school this am, someone remarked, "Why didn't Nursefinders (the name of the agency, yes I WILL name some names) call you two weeks ago?"  So the gossip mill already knew WHEN the agency knew.  Why didn't I????  Said agency is claiming they had no idea we were without a nurse, but I don't believe them.  They either didn't bother to tell me, or thought they would have a new nurse or were simply avoiding dealing with someone who was not going to be happy with them (me).  I also informed them that I don't want just any nurse and I am NOT happy.  They said they would call me right back.  That has not happened yet either.  I doubt it will. 
                  I now have to call two separate schools and bitch at them.  One, our home district, and say "WTF, people?" Because if they knew, I want heads to roll for not informing me and if they did not know (possible, if not likely) I want this to bounce back upon the nursing agency.  I want accountability.  Things fester in the dark.  That's exactly why there is so much paperwork involved in the care and education of the disabled. If you all don't want to drown in paperwork, then you need to be HONEST even when it's difficult, hell, especially when it's difficult.  If you cannot be aboveboard at all times, then you should have to drown in the paperwork.
                  Then I have to call the school she attends and say"NOW what do we do?!?".  I assume they will probably be more helpful.  It's not their legal responsibilty to provide the nurse so, they can be a little more relaxed about the whole process  (read that as they are not ones possibly getting sued if I really throw a temper tantrum and lawyer up because a "Free and Appropriate Public Education" is indeed a legal right for my child) and will probably give me an honest opinion and some good off the record advice. 
                    But before I do that, I am going to call my child's service coordinator (that's the social worker) and see what advice she can provide.  And she is not in her office for another half an hour.  Poor woman, it's not even nine am, school has hardly gotten back into session and she is going to have to talk some parent out of a bell tower.  They really don't pay her enough.  Hell, I would be blowing up her cell with texts, but for the fact that somehow my computer has eaten her contact info.  (I am guessing the Universe didn't want her to deal with me before coffee.)
                     So, here I sit.  Waiting.  Writing this, so I have a record of what has transpired so far, in case I do have get officially nasty on people. Trying to recapture some moment of zen and failing.  Listening to Feisty Pants complain that Dr. Who is not on and why can't she see her friends, anyway?  It will more than likely work itself out.  No one really wants to violate my kid's civil rights.  And I am a major pain the ass when necessary. But, why oh why, did the Universe want to spring this me now?  I have no bail fund...  It's gonna be Monday all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment