Thursday, January 15, 2015

Finally...


           Feisty Pants FINALLY made it back to school today. It has been over a month since she last was there. Sigh.  First she was very sick and in the  hospital.  Then she was on oxygen for five days after being sent home.  THEN there was Christmas vacation (and the annoying 24 hour tummy bug from hell)  Then the nurse quit on us, so I spent last week bitching and moaning to anyone who would listen to get that little fiasco solved.  THEN Feisty Pants, deciding that we were not truly receiving our fair share of things that are a pain in the tush, came down with a sinus infection.  So the poor kid has been stuck with Goo and I 24 hours a day for the past month. And during that whole time she only punched one nurse. (She did smack her twice. ) I am counting that as a win.  Hell, I haven't smacked anyone in the last month, so I want a frigging medal.

          Nothing for it, but back to the grind.   It was actually nice to be somewhat normal (well, normal for us anyway) today.  I managed to almost catch up on laundry.  The hubby almost managed some real sleep.  Hippie Pants has spent the last two weeks attending the trial of the man accused of killing her friend (and her boyfriend's relative) and it is almost over so maybe, just maybe, she, her friends, boyfriend. and his family can finally begin the arduous process of closure and healing. (Every time I felt sorry for myself this last month, I just looked next door and thought "wow, I'm a spoiled brat".)

          Feisty Pants, for her part, was thrilled to get the heck outta Boringville and was actually sweet and cooperative in school today.  I have no idea how long that will last but I will take what I can get. She will eventually get around to testing the nurse's resolve but I'm going to just happily accept whatever reprieve she gives me.  I am beginning to think I could work this angle. ("Straighten up, Feisty Pants , or I will ground you from school."  On second thought, no, she would just call my bluff.)

          Best of all, it's COLD.  Truly cold.  As in below freezing so no mildew cold.   So FP will have an easier time with her breathing.  And in turn, we will all get a little breathing space.  We will catch up errands and appointments.  Catch up with all those chores that we have let slide. Catch up on emails.  Catch up on missed therapies. Maybe just stop and catch our breath.  Finally. 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment