Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Morning

                      Oh dear lord, do I have a case of the Mondays today.  sigh....  Feisty Pants, by contrast, is giggling and happy.  Thank goodness.  Yesterday she spent three hours straight whining and crying.  (Headache- it took two doses of ibuprofen and one of tylenol to finally beat it into submission.) It's her first official day of break and there is a Dr. Who special on to keep her occupied.  I, however woke up to Goo yelling about her g-tube leaking.   ALL. OVER. THE. FEEDING. SEAT. AND. FLOOR.  Her food is a special high calorie formula- read that as incredibly thick and sticky. Five phone calls to the doctor later we finally figured out and fixed the problem.  He wasn't in the office but the secretary was relaying messages back and forth which just made it all more complicated.  But it was messy and time consuming and not helped by Cheweverything Pants who just wanted to get right into the mess and "help".  Did I mention this stuff is STICKY? 
                   So I just get that mess cleaned up and FP finally fed when  I go to do the laundry and realize I am out of laundry detergent.  I make my own which is cheap and easy, but again, time consuming.  Just get THAT taken care of and laundry started when I step on something sharp.  I thought it was a small rock or (ewww) a piece of cat litter. (It's a zoo around here.)  Without even thinking, I tried to brush it off with my other foot.  Only to stab myself in the ankle with the little finishing nail I had actually stepped on.  So, now I have bled all over the kitchen floor.  And Cheweverything Pants is trying to help with THAT mess too.  It's not even noon.

                  Really, I shouldn't whine too much.  We didn't have to shlep to an ER or GI Lab to get the tube replaced.  Nothing was insurmountable, just tedious and time wasting.  But I did waste the most productive time of my day. (I tend to be umm, errr, a tad cranky in the morning so I keep my head down and concentrate on work.  Beats getting arrested for randomly slapping people.) This will probably end up coming out of our sleep later as we adjust our schedules to finish the work we didn't get done this morning.  Sigh, at least it's not hot today.   Then I probably would have simply burst into flames.  And then have to clean up that mess too.  Maybe, somehow I am burning off some karma.  In that case, deal.  Seems fair.  C'mon lottery winnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment