Saturday, December 7, 2013


 Okies, so Goo (the hubby) is a genius. And so is my dad. Seriously.  For months now, I have wasted an awful lot of time  cleaning out and hating on Fiesty Pants' food pump.  The bags cannot be cleaned properly without wasting a lot of my day. And then lo and behold, they figured out how to bypass the safety feature.  (Don't lecture me on why we should not bypass a safety feature.  This stupid feature caused me to lose sleep and that's WAAAYY more dangerous, trust me.  My friends were starting a bail fund for me just in case.)
         So, I am gonna try to post pictures on how to do it.  My dad gets the credit on figuring out how we should be able to do it.  Goo figured it out from there.  So, for all of you stuck with this model (let's again call it  Schmangaroo Schmoey) here is how its done.

  When the pump is done and you want to clean the bag. Remove it from the pump. Rinse the bag itself several times with hot water. Then refill partially with hot water.  Find a place to hang like this:

       
Note- the end needs to drain into a sink. Otherwise you're back to wasting time.
Take the round part of the tubing.  I call it the safety doohickey.  But Goo is a computer tech and therefore anal about correct terms and says it is a safety valve.  Turn it around to see the safety valve.    Carefully with the tip of a butter knife (NOT NOT NOT a sharp knife), turn it 1/4 turn (90degrees)      
from this:
to this:
Allow the water to drain out completely.  Then simply reverse the turn back to the original position- like the second picture shows.
Easy peasy.  And  I didn't have to kill any nerdy tech types over it.  Just kiss the one holding a butter knife.  Huzzah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment