Sunday, April 3, 2016

A blessed moment of boring

       Hallelujah, we are back at school.  Which means Feisty Pants is back in her therapies. Back to physical, occupational, visual, and speech therapies. YAY. Plus gym. Plus regular classes. Plus friends. Plus cute boys. She even came home on Friday and told me she had been kicked off the bus for two days for swearing.  I was shocked- just SHOCKED,  to find out she was pranking me because it was April Fool's day.  I didn't stop to think at all that the two days were Saturday and Sunday so no school anyway.  (Don't tell her.  It will break her heart to think she didn't fool everybody. She laughed for an hour at her own cleverness.  After all, we adults are old and stupid.)
        Best of all, she is finally sleeping (cue angels singing and harps strumming) so maybe, just maybe we old farts will catch up on some sleep too.  (What did I ever do to you, anyway, Morpheus? Why do you mock me so?)   It's going to cold here for the next week too. YAY!   (Listen, all you warm weather lovers can bite me.  I watch you all swanning about all summer as if we weren't stuck in the first level of Hades while I lay on the floor and melt into the floorboards.  You can all give me one week of bliss and sleep.) Here's to hoping the cold kills off the mildew and Feisty Pants allergies are beaten back into submission a little bit too.
           So, here we are in a glorious little in between time.  No holidays, no birthdays, no parties to throw for a few weeks yet.  (The grandparentspalooza will roll into town in a few weeks or so. I apologize  in advance for Feisty Pants attitude afterwards.) No major doctor issues.  Just a routine g-tube change. Too cold for yard work yet.  No major medical procedures scheduled until the summer. So we will just try to catch up on sleep.  Figure what paperwork we are surely behind on. (There is ALWAYS paperwork with a feisty one.)  Argue over what TV show to watch.  We may even get to pretend to be normal for a change. Heck, I may pretend to do a craft or too.  I haven't sent Feisty Pants in with blue dye on her fingertips in while.  It's always fun to make the staff at school freak out because she looks cyanotic.

          So, here's to a little moment of blissful nothingness.  May your hectic times be brief. May you catch up on sleep.  May your messes have been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment