Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hey all, do me a favor?

                 So my friend, Lovely Pants, who is truly lovely, sent me an invite to a Facebook page organized by a mom trying to pull off a fabulous surprise for her son's sixteenth birthday.  Lovely Pants took time out of what must be a crazy week to do so by the way.  Her daughter is getting married in less than two weeks.   (I told you she was lovely.)  So, if she can make time in the middle of what must be a frenzy of last minute preparation and guests and what not, then I can surely stop bitching about everything in the medical profession long enough to do some good too.  
                 To that end, will you all do me a solid?  Please?  There is a kid named Dylan D.  living in Rochester whose mom is trying to get a birthday card drive going for him.  He is an Aspergers kid who had some problems with bullying. (Sigh.... I get kids do not  come with morals factory installed, but you think we adults would better at the after market ethics installation.)  Dylan is now home schooled but perhaps a bit lonely.  All he wanted for his birthday last year was some cards in the mail.  Which never came (He did receive a card, but not in the mail.).  So this birthday, his mom is out-classing us all and pulling out all the stops to do so.  Here's how you can help.  Please buy a card suitable for a sixteen year old boy (nothing risque please, crazy friends, you know who I am talking to.) Add a few kind words. Pop it in the mail before October 27.  (Early is ok, the mom is clever and made arrangements)  He'll be thrilled.  His mom will have a full heart. (A heart on???? Sorry, I had to.  My bad.)  You will have a lovely warm feeling worth being a little smug over.  Win for everybody. Here's the name and address. Don't worry about the last name only being an initial. His mom made arrangements for that too.  (I did say she was clever.)  And, Dylan, if you are ever seeing this, I hope your birthday turns to be as amazing as you and your mom.

                           Please send a card to:

       Dylan D.
       P.O. Box 16797
       Rochester, NY 14616

 

No comments:

Post a Comment