Thursday, June 20, 2019

No Slacking Here

                      Anndddd now it's summer vacation.   Ahhhh summer, that time of bugs and weather that feels like God's armpit.  Of brain drain and sticky popsicle fingers and kids who are so looking forward to yelling "I'm BORED!" at their parents. Hot, sweaty nights and whiny, cranky days.  I totally get why everyone loves it so much.  (Only 133 days til Halloween!!!) Sigh, at least with lawn mowing, it smells good.  With Feisty Pants, it's really only summer vacay lite.  She goes to school year round.  She has about two and half weeks off now until the summer session starts .  Afterwards, she will have another two and half, three-ish weeks at the end.   We can totally handle this.
                      So, no brain drain for my kid.  I swear. It's only two and half weeks.  We can hit up parks, go to the library, watch only educational youtube videos. I mean she won't have all her therapies (Her therapies are the reason her school has a summer session.)  but we can at least keep her little noggin occupied. We got books on tape for her.  I am sure I can download some Shakespeare or maybe Narnia or even the Dealing with Dragons series.  I also absolutely certain we can youtube some crafty or science experiment ideas on the interwebs.  She has a tie dye kit she got for birthday floating around here too.  It's been a while since I scared the nurse with her having blue and purple dyed fingertips.
                     I mean, c'mon. This isn't my first teenager or my first rodeo.  We have free carousels in the area and places to swim.  Parks with the occasional festival and concert and free movie. Maybe hit the local Y. I'm sure we got summer in the bag. Suck on that all you "good parents" with your silly STEM camps and Disney trips and oh so wholesome summer activities. We'll be home learning circles around your pretty little Instagram posts.  There will be no brain drain.  No lying on the floor in the ac staring at the tv or binging on videogames.  Not for my feisty little Einstein.
                     I mean, it's only the first day and we are off to such a great start.  A breakfast of tater tots and popsicles followed by a home screening of Attack of the Killer Donuts.   Watch in awe, other parents, watch in awe.
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment