Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Can I exhale yet? Just asking...

          Well now, it has been about a century since I was able to post last. Ok. Maybe not exactly a century but I can say it was last year. (See what I did there? Snort.) It's just that every time I have tried to write a post in the last three weeks, some weird and/or messy time eating catastrophe has happened. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
          First, there was crazy 6 am Emergency Room visit. The Friday before Christmas, at 6 am, Goo yelled up that her sat rates were fluctuating wildly. ( 84% one mintue, 94% the next - for the uninitiated, that's a really big deal) So we schlepped off to the hospital.  To find out that Feisty Pants had a bad cold. Don't get me wrong, I would rather deal with a million colds than one pneumonia, but it took all day.  On the day I needed to grocery shop, finish presents, post, and pack to leave for my folks.  Which meant that we had to do all that on the next day, which meant THAT day's work got pushed back etc etc etc...
            Then there was day of botox shots, or as FP puts it, the day of torturing her for no damn good reason.  Forget that she only got about 10 needle sticks to her face as opposed to thirty or so to her entire body she used to get.  We are still frigging evil and ruined Christmas and her birthday and the rest of her life and she made sure we knew it by yelling for alllllllll day. We are just lying about it being for her own good.  That's what all evil tyrants say.
           Then we went to my folks for the holiday and, since they live in Brigadoon, the interwebs is spotty through that time barrier so no posting there.  I thought I could fit a post in the day we got back, but unpacking took longer than I thought and in the midst of it a starving little kitten LITERALLY wandered in our back door loudly demanding love, food, and squeees and sending the rug rats into a commotion and what can you do but name the damn thing Mistletoe and make more room at the inn?
      The entire week after Christmas was out because Hippie Pants, who really needs cable tv, decided that just might be good week to have her second kid. (The week before was already taken due to Christmas and a relative having surgery to have an eye removed.) So we were a wee bit busy there.
       So, finally, on this last Sunday. When everybody was home, the bags were finally unpacked, the house was finally clean(ish), I thought I could sit down and write a post.  Only, at that very moment, to have a frigging SUV almost wreck into my house. Seriously.  It hit ice, slid into a tree right smack in front of my house and ended up with its smashed up nose on the ramp to our front porch. 
     So, it is safe now?  Can I come out from under the bed? If I manage to break the spell and get this posted. I want chocolates thrown at me and a parade.  And how were your holidays?





No comments:

Post a Comment