Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thank-full

        Not that I am lazy or anything, honest.  But it has been forever since my last post.  But hey, holidays.  First Feisty Pants has been home for an eon now.  (Just ask her, she has been bored FOREVER now.) Actually since Tuesday, but that's a million years in bored preteen time. And, since we didn't go out this Thanksgiving (My first choice, but the universe did not want to play turkey ball with me) I ended up cooking for what seemed two centuries. All of which meant I fell behind on all the other crap I gotta deal with around this zoo (and the city frowns on burning dirty laundry instead of washing it, go figure) so I am behind here too.  Sorry if I let anybody down (I am just soo sure this is the highlight of your existence.  No, no, don't answer, I'll just take the sound of crickets as an affirmative.)
          Anywhoo, since it is Thanksgiving I thought perhaps I would list out some things I am thankful for. Really I should do this more often, but, in my defense I forget to do so. Plus apparently I am a slightly reprehensible human being who needs an occasional reminder to be grateful.  (I don't want to hear it, you guys sometimes suck too, I SEE your facebook posts... just saying...)
To that end:
 Thank you, Universe for the following:
1) The news that coffee can help you live longer.  (Have you seen that study?!? go look it up, I'll wait)  Holy Cannolis, I have never felt more like a highlander in my life.  We live on coffee. Cut me and I bleed starbucks.  If you see wild lightning coming from my kitchen, no worries. I have just slain Goo in ritual combat. There can be only one.
2) Jim Henson movies- I do not know what tv executive has decided to spring Jim Henson on us this Thanksgiving, but may the gods bless his fuzzy little heart.  The ONLY time Feisty Pants has not complained this last week is when she had the Macy's Parade, Labyrinth, a Muppet movie, and Turkey Hollow to keep her amazed. It's the only time I was able to get anything done around here. I may have to stalk and kidnap Kermit and the gang.
3) People in Binghamton named Rhonda. - seriously.  I never met anyone named Rhonda before I lived here.  Now, I have met three.  All have been in the medical profession (two nurses and an occupational therapist).  All are really good at their jobs.  And all three have remarkably been able to understand Feisty Pants' garbled speech and actually listened to her, much to her delight.  And their listening has made their care of her better, much to Goo's and my delight.
4)  It's finally starting to get cold.  Not cold enough for me (I am the one in my backyard doing a snow ritual) but cold enough at night to start killing mildew.  If this keeps up, we might make through the holidays intact. Santa could bring me the gift of no antibiotics.  That would truly be a holiday miracle.
 
How about you? What are you thankful for this delightful Holiday season?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment