Monday, June 15, 2015

Popsiclepalooza

           Okies, people.  So I was writing about the heat.  (It is too writing and NOT whining, shut up.)  But then we were rudely interrupted by a lung infection.  And then my whining about that. But now I am done digressing.  So, since no matter how much I hope and wish, winter is not coming back for like, forever, I figured I just give in and look up some yummy popsicle recipes online.  I refuse to turn my oven on if it's over 80.  Some days it's even too hot to grill.  So how does one load healthy food into the fam without living on yogurt and salads? I could live on them but the rest of the inmates here seem to think they need something different after a few days of "but THIS salad is completely different".  
            Personally, I just resort to lying. Or more precisely, to neglecting to tell them exactly how healthy the "junk" food I have "compromised" on really is.  (Fink on me and you will all be on my list) I have no regrets either.  They think they are having a dessert for dinner.  I did not have to risk spontaneous human combustion.  These are actually pretty healthy considering we are having popsicles for a meal.  So here some yummy ideas for your "omg, it's too hot to even contemplate cooking" meal (or even just want a healthy snack.) You will need either a popsicle mold (You can find them everywhere this time of year.) or just use freezer safe cups. The trick with cups is to cover tightly with saran wrap and then poke the sticks in. The saran wrap will hold it up. (mostly)  You can  even use a pretzel rod for a stick if you don't any popsicle worthy sticks lying about.  You could also freeze them in small tupperware dishes and call it Italian ice.
              Basically what you will be doing is making a smoothie and turning it into a popsicle so if you have a better recipe than these, have at it. Or better yet, stick it in the comments and show off your smoothie cred.  The basic instructions are chop ingredients, mix in blender, pour into molds and freeze.  How many they make depends on your mold size.  By the way, if you can sneak some veggies, by all means do it.  I recommend starting with some carrot or cucumber.  Yummy, healthy and hard to detect.  I can no longer do that as someone here finked (You still suck for that GOO) and now they all watch me like hawks.
Chocolate Banana:  eight ounces greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, or banana would work), four ounces almond milk,  four medium bananas (the riper the better), 2 ounces nut butter (any) and two tbs cocoa powder.
Pina Colada: eight ounces greek yogurt (lemon, coconut or pineapple), four ounces pineapple juice or crushed pineapple, 2 ounces flaked coconut
Tropical Bliss: eight ounces greek yogurt (any flavor -I would recommend passionfruit), four ounces canned tropical fruit (or fresh, whatevs), four bananas
Apple Pie: eight ounces  vanilla greek yogurt, four chopped apples, 2 tsp raw honey, 1 tsp cinnamon.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment