Sunday, July 27, 2014

Papercuts

                You ever have one of those days that feel like you did something very wrong in a past life?  A thousand things go wrong and you can't seem to keep your stride?   Nothing major - no, then you would have leave to complain.  Just all the little things. And if you bitch, you sound like a whiner. Yup, it's one of those days.  My friend, Celtic Pants, refers to them as "death by a thousand paper cuts".
                 We've had to switch our weekend around.  For a great reason- a party, for goodness sakes.  But originally, I thought it was on Saturday, so when a dear friend we don't get to see often invited us to his going away barbecue I bowed out.  Only to find the original party (a baby shower) was on Sunday.  So we did not get to say goodbye to our friend and I feel really stupid.  Oh, and I thought the shower was coed.  So Goo and I tried to arrange our day so we could both be there. (We sleep in shifts- this means the time schedule is now like algebra.)  It's not coed.  So, Goo will get a real night's (day's) sleep but he doesn't know it's not coed so he may have a freak out if he wakes up and we are just gone.  And that means I am doing all the lifting and hauling with Feisty Pants- not normally a big deal here at home but can get tricky in a public place.  Baby changing tables are not meant to hold a 65 pound preteen.  Floors are dirty.  Wrestling her in and out of cars by myself is tricky when she is actively pulling a houdini on me.  Not taking her is not going to happen.  We already were evil and made her miss one event this week.  A second miss and she will definitely disown us due to our incorrigible boringness.  And it's hot.  And my head aches. And Feisty Pants has spent the morning whining because her head aches.  But don't worry, I am not gonna whine here at all. I would just put on my big girl panties and deal with it but this morning I could not find them at all.
                Ah well, c'est la guerre. I really am just whiny.  The caffeine and ibuprofen should kick in any minute now. (Really, any minute NOW, Universe, thank you.)  FP will get to see her cousins and have some fun just being one the gang. There will be good food and yummy cake and lots of relatives. And since it is family, the hosts, who are big mushballs, will make sure all the kids who show get some prize from the games, so FP will come home with some trinket clutched like a trophy to show off for the rest of night.  And Goo will get some sleep and happily forage a sandwich so I will even get of out cooking for the evening.  And all it really costs me is little bit of juggling our crazy schedule around.  Really, though, Universe, if you are going to see fit to give me a complicated kid and adhd, couldn't you have given me patience too? 

1 comment:

  1. Btw- I don't know why the first paragraph of every post comes out in a smaller font. That's a new tic. If anyone knows why my blog has suddenly developed Tourrette's, let me know here in the comment section. Ta, Mikki

    ReplyDelete